Shelley Wilson is an English author of motivational self-help titles and young adult fantasy fiction.
Her sensible side writes non-fiction books to inspire you to be the best you can be, and her cheeky and playful side writes young adult fiction to remind you to nurture that inner teen.
Shelley’s non-fiction work is rooted in a passion for helping women to believe in themselves and become strong, motivated individuals. Can you spot the common thread between the two genres?
As well as writing, Shelley is an obsessive reader and book reviewer. She lives in Solihull in the West Midlands, UK, with her three teenage children, a kitten called Luna, and a fat fish. Shelley describes herself as a teetotal, pizza-loving, Facebook addict with a preoccupation with list writing. She would love to live in the Shire but fears that her five-foot-ten-inch height may cause problems.
- I lived in a converted cow shed in the Catskill Mountains in New York for three months as part of the Camp America program. It was the best summer of my life!
- I have two tattoos. The first was to celebrate my divorce and is a Triquetra symbol to signify female strength. The second is a set of four stars; one for me and each of my children.
- I was an agony aunt (advice columnist) for Woman magazine for six months.
- I’m completely obsessed with vampires, whether it’s in a movie, book or TV show. My all-time favourite film is Lost Boys.
- When I was younger, I wanted to be a parapsychologist and work on the Most Haunted TV show. I’ve only ‘met’ one ghost, and it was a cat!
© Copyright 2019 Shelley Wilson. All Rights Reserved.