Site Design & Maintenance By:
Shelley Wilson’s love of fantasy began at the tender age of eight when she followed Enid Blyton up The Magic Faraway Tree.
Inspired by Blyton’s make-believe world, Shelley began to create her own stories, weaving tales around faeries, witches and dragons. Her fantasy books blend a love of the supernatural with strong female protagonists.
Shelley’s non-fiction work is rooted in a passion for helping women to believe in themselves and become strong, motivated individuals. Can you spot the common thread between the two genres?
As well as writing, Shelley is an obsessive reader and book reviewer. She lives in Solihull in the West Midlands, UK, with her three teenage children, a kitten called Luna, and a fat fish. Shelley describes herself as a teetotal, pizza-loving, Facebook addict with a preoccupation with list writing. She would love to live in the Shire but fears that her five-foot-ten-inch height may cause problems.
- I lived in a converted cow shed in the Catskill Mountains in New York for three months as part of the Camp America program. It was the best summer of my life!
- I have two tattoos. The first was to celebrate my divorce and is a Triquetra symbol to signify female strength. The second is a set of four stars; one for me and each of my children.
- I was an agony aunt (advice columnist) for Woman magazine for six months.
- I’m completely obsessed with vampires, whether it’s in a movie, book or TV show. My all-time favourite film is Lost Boys.
- When I was younger, I wanted to be a parapsychologist and work on the Most Haunted TV show. I’ve only ‘met’ one ghost, and it was a cat!
© Copyright 2017 Shelley Wilson. All Rights Reserved.